The Theatre School @ North Coast Rep believes in the power of community, education, and creative expression.
Our classes and camps teach collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking through interactive theatre games and performance which are essential tools for a well-rounded education and an emotionally intelligent adult. But most importantly, our students have SO MUCH FUN!!
Download our 2021/2022 Theatre School Season 40 Brochure to see all the fun options!
The Gift of the Magi
Adapted by Phillip Korth
From the short story by O. Henry
Performances – November 20-21, 2021
(in Theatre School Studio Space – 985 Lomas Santa Fe Dr. Suite D, Solana Beach, CA 92075)
November 20th: 2PM & 5:30PM
November 21st: 2PM
Exciting and heartwarming, this new adaptation of O. Henry’s classic short-story brings to life Della and Jim’s fateful Christmas. With only a dollar and eighty-seven cents to spare, Della cannot imagine a holiday without being able to afford a present for her darling Jim. She scrimps and saves every penny she can for months with this bare result and finally resolves to sacrifice her most prized possession in order to afford the perfect gift. Meanwhile, Jim is facing the same predicament, and in a perfectly heartbreaking twist of fate they both lose the things dearest to them but discover what it truly means to give and receive gifts.
Settings of play: New York City
Run-time: 30 minutes, no intermission.
Type of Play: Holiday
Suggested rating: G – recommended for grades 2nd & up, but all audiences may enjoy.
Produced by support from our very special Theatre School donors!
COVID Safety Guidelines for Theatre School classes & productions:
- Masks must be worn at all times indoors
- Students and Instructors will maintain social distancing at all times
- Hand Sanitizer is provided, and students are encouraged to maintain personal hygiene
- Temperature check will be administered prior to allowing students to participate
- If any student or family member of a student experiences symptoms of any illness, student must stay at home and self-quarantine for at least 48 hours before returning for the next class period
- Families will be required to sign a form agreeing to adhere to these health and safety procedures and stating that they are aware there is still a risk of exposure in participating in our program
- Audience members experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, and cough will not be allowed to attend performances. If you need to cancel your tickets due to illness, you may receive a refund by calling the box office prior to the start of performances.
- No food or drink is permitted during performances.
The generous support of our Theatre School Donors has made this production possible.
Thank you for supporting Excellence in Theatre Education!
Your donations make the work we do possible, If you’d like to join our list of sponsors, please contact Development Associate for North Coast Rep: Neville Engelbrecht, Neville@northcoastrep.org, 858-481-2155 ext. 211.