The Theatre School @ North Coast Rep believes in the power of community, education, and creative expression.
Our classes and camps teach collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking through interactive theatre games and performance which are essential tools for a well-rounded education and an emotionally intelligent adult. But most importantly, our students have SO MUCH FUN!!
By William Shakespeare
9 performances at three different outdoor venues in three different cities – FREE admission! Venues TBA
Performances – July 15-17 & July 22-24 & July 29-31, 2021
July 15th: 5:30PM July 22nd: 5:30PM July 29th: 5:30PM
July 16th: 5:30PM July 23rd: 5:30PM July 30th: 5:30PM
July 17th: 5:30PM July 24th: 5:30PM July 31st: 5:30PM
Jealous conspirators convince Caesar’s friend Brutus to join their assassination plot against Caesar. To stop Caesar from gaining too much power, Brutus and the conspirators kill him on the Ides of March. Mark Antony drives the conspirators out of Rome and fights them in a battle.
Time period: 44 BCE
Settings of play: Rome
Run-time: 2 hours, plus intermission
Type of Play: Historic Tragedy
Suggested rating: PG – recommended for grades 2nd & up, but all audiences may enjoy.
Seating is limited and will be available based on current COVID tier capacity limits. Seats will be taped out in groups to accommodate family units. You can have up to 3 family groups in one unit, meaning up to 3 different households. The venue is outdoors. Audience members might consider bringing a blanket or personal cushion.
Please be aware current State guidelines limit audience members only from within in-state for attendance.
Advance ticket purchase only. No additional tickets will be available for purchase at the event. Sales are closed 24 hours prior to each performance to allow for venue set-up.
Please notate any special seating needs in the order notes.
COVID Safety Guidelines for Theatre School classes & productions:
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Students and Instructors will maintain social distancing at all times
- Hand Sanitizer is provided, and students are encouraged to maintain personal hygiene
- Temperature check will be administered prior to allowing students to participate
- If any student or family member of a student experiences symptoms of any illness, student must stay at home and self-quarantine for at least 48 hours before returning for the next class period
- Families will be required to sign a form agreeing to adhere to these health and safety procedures and stating that they are aware there is still a risk of exposure in participating in our program
- Audience members experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, and cough will not be allowed to attend performances. If you need to cancel your tickets due to illness, you may receive a refund by calling the box office prior to the start of performances.
- No food or drink is permitted during performances.
The generous support of our Theatre School Donors has made this production possible.
Thank you for supporting Excellence in Theatre Education!
Your donations make the work we do possible, If you’d like to join our list of sponsors, please contact Development Associate for North Coast Rep: Neville Engelbrecht, Neville@northcoastrep.org, 858-481-2155 ext. 211.